We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Sadness, anger, fear ... These emotions that are so difficult to control also hurt children. Even more so to them, who still cannot control the basic tools to tame them.
That is why it is essential to have a good first aid kit on hand. A good bandage for fears or a plaster heals sorrows. We explain what remedies you can use, what should be the first aid for emotional wounds of children.
Sometimes a word or a scream can hurt more than a fall on a bike. Even a silence or a look can be more devastating than a wasp sting. Therefore, it is convenient to have the emotional first aid kit close by. Do you know what it must have inside? All this:
- Balm of caresses, kisses and hugs. There is no wound that love cannot heal. If your child is sad, confused or very angry, you can try to calm him with the potion of love. A kiss, a hug and some caresses. Many children feel much more comforted by the security and warmth of a big hug. Others, however, prefer the medicine of loneliness ... A medicine that gives them a few seconds of privacy and reflection.
- Medicine of loneliness. It may seem contradictory to you. Loneliness? Can it be good? When a child is sad or angry about something, he sometimes asks to be alone. Each child is different, and not all of them react well to 'hugs' and kisses without measure. After a big hug, you should respect his space so that he can reflect. Loneliness helps to think. We are often so obsessed with not leaving them alone for a moment that we forget that loneliness also heals and calms.
- The blindfold of silence. Hasn't it happened to you that in the face of any emotional problem with your child, you start giving him talks and more talks? We do it with all our good intentions: 'if you get angry like this, nobody will want to be by your side ...'. In the end, from so much talking, what we do is make the situation worse. Words, yes, but in their proper measure. Sometimes a silence can be more powerful. It can mean that you are by his side, respecting his moment of anger or sadness, and that he can count on you for whatever he wants.
- Anti-tear plasters. When a child cries, many times we are left without really knowing what to do. Do I let him cry? Do I try to comfort you? For this are the anti tear plasters, which is nothing more than a handkerchief. Yes, how it sounds. How many times have you brought your child a handkerchief to wipe his tears while saying simply: 'it will pass, don't worry'. Accompany this moment with a caress so that he knows that you are with him and that you understand him.
- Anti-anger syringe. This measure is intended for parents, not children. When the child goes into a state of anger, we tend to lose our nerves and end up yelling at them without measure. In the end, it is as if two trains are heading towards each other at high speed: the train of anger of your child against the train of anger of the father or mother. What do you think can happen? Yes, if nobody can avoid it, the shock will be tremendous, huge and the damage ... too. Therefore, it is advisable to have an anti-anger syringe on hand so that parents can manage their nerves and anger and try, calmly, to stop the train of their child's anger.
- Tensile tester. When faced with an emotional problem in a child, it is advisable to set the machinery of empathy to the maximum. Why is he so angry? How does it feel like this? What can I do to help you? The tension meter will give an idea of how your child may feel if he is sad or, for example, has a panic attack due to a fear that he cannot control.
- Active listening patches. These patches are miraculous. Get amazing stuff. An active listening patch is able to enhance understanding and empathy to unsuspected levels. By listening to children when they have an emotional problem (and observing a lot), we can get our words or our emotional medicine right. Indispensable.
You can read more articles similar to First aid for children's emotional wounds, in the category of Conduct on site.